Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blue Merlot Rocks!







Went to the local Arts and Crafts festival, and my ears pricked up! BLUE MERLOT! I went searching for the origin of the sound, figuring it was just a CD playing at the festival and...There were two members of the band, Blue Merlot (yes, it was a CD I heard, but two of the members were "warming up.") One, I'm happy (and honored) to call a friend: Brenda Lowery, who is gifted in so many ways. Music is one of her passions, but she also wears other professional and personal "hats." How can one person have so much energy?? I had not seen her since one of the band members, Joshua "Bubba" Murrell won a Grammy. If you've never heard them, go to www.bluemerlot.com and sample their music! One of my favorite songs by them is "Big Ovaries."

(Photos courtesy of Blue Merlot Website)

No comments: