Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When Autumn Leaves Begin to Fall


It's my favorite season of the year, but it doesn't feel like it yet. Or look like it, ever, where I live. I live in a region where there are vague seasonal changes. No glorious shows of crimson and gold leaves, just leaves dropping off the trees as winter grows near. So there's no transition. I've mentioned to people it's like this area has two shows with nature: Leaves and no leaves. The leaves appear in the spring, grow through the summer, turn brown and drop. I miss those seasonal changes ablaze with colors and transitional temperatures, which I experienced living elsewhere, but personal commitments keep me here in this region of vague seasonal change. For now, I have to make do with photos of other areas with their glorious color changes. One day, perhaps like the colors change in the seasons, I too, will have a change of scene. It's just a waiting game: which reminds me of the classic standard "September Song."

No comments: