Saturday, September 27, 2008

So Many Blogs, So Little Time...

A decision just has to be made. I've got to quit having so many blogs in the "blogosphere." So, I'm gradually weeding out those I've tried to maintain but decided to end. One such now inactive blog I've had is on the website, Beliefnet. Those of you who read the blog of Anglican Anchoress, that was I. I also maintain another one called Writerleft (a pun, not necessarily a political statement) via a newspaper's sponsored blog site--most of the entries I've read there seem to address politcs, not something I'm overly comfortable in sharing to a large audience. I am a political activist, I am just selective about it: that is, I try to do something instead of just grumble about it in a blog (though, admittedly, I've done that too.) Lastly, I have had a long running blog (until about a month or so ago) which I wrote daily on the Windows Live blog site called Peace Seeker in a Chaotic World. I was thoroughly devoted to it, and found out that many were reading it. But a series of personal events caused me to eventually write there less and less. I decided to import the name to Blogger, because it was almost like I had a copyright on the name! I have no plans to import the previously published blog material, though.

So now, I wonder, should I maintain this blog here? Time and thought will tell.

I love to write, but I have a life outside of writing (dammit--if only there was more time to live as a writer!) and I just can't juggle all the different sites. I'm still contemplating my activity here.

Know this: I tend to keep an eclectic blog, so there's no "common theme" like politics, religion, etc. I've done separate blogs with that in mind, but as I said, it's just getting too hard. Feedback is welcomed. Anyone reading this?

No comments: