Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dewey Readmore Books


I'm a lifelong animal lover. Starting with a cat who entered the life of my family when I was four years old. There have been many animals/pets in my life since then. As a result, I've read a lot of books involving animals since my childhood. One of the more recent books I read, Marley & Me, has just been made into a movie. But recently, I read a book titled Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World. His full name was the title of this post, "Dewey Readmore Books." As a lover of puns (and cats, among other animals) I adored the name this cat was given when it was discovered by a librarian one cold night in Iowa. I won't say anything else about Dewey's story, but it was an emotionally touching read. I will only add that I never heard of Dewey until I read this book, so was surprised at how far-reaching his notoriety was.



2 comments:

Joan Reeves said...

Haven't heard about Dewey, but I bet my Mom would love the book. She's a cat person and has a regal smoky gray who rules the roost. I'm a dog person. My daughter and I are going to see Marley and Me next week.

Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

Oh!! It's nice!! I too love to read animal books!!