Saturday, December 13, 2008

Survey Says: Do you text message during sex?


Normally, I'm not a big fan of telephone surveys, but I decided to participate in one today as I was not really involved in something at the time of the call. The questions covered a wide variety of topics, so that just when I thought I'd figured out who was sponsoring this survey, another crop of questions went in another direction. Samples: "How do you feel about a root canal as opposed to tooth extraction?" "Have you heard of these brands of water coolers?" "Do you know about the Heritage Foundation?" "How do you feel about the Brookings Institute?" and one that REALLY made me laugh "Have you ever text-messaged someone while having sex?" She had to repeat the question. I could tell that the questioner was also a bit reluctant about asking that one at first and her initial phrase was "while in the throes of passion," but then she said "If you think that one was funny, wait, there are more questions about sex." I was intrigued and was thankful the caller was female. My sex life is not something I wish to discuss with many people, but I told her (the caller/questioner) that my mind kept coming back to that "sex while text messaging" question and I kept trying to supress my laughter. One of the follow up questions was "Do you know anyone who has admitted having sex while text messaging?" Sadly, I had to say "yes." I really do know someone who admitted that to me. Other questions involved political issues, economic and social issues. As I mentioned, it was hard to figure out who was sponsoring the survey, but as surveys go, it was definitely one of the more interesting ones.

No comments: